Monday, February 19, 2007

psalms

i have been thouroughly enjoying my psalms class this semester, especially since the teacher is Curt Nicuum. This is guy is one good teacher, and really makes you think. He has given us the assignment of coming up with our own psalm and the instructions are vague in order to inspire creativity on our part. I am not a very creative person, so minimal instructions leave me helpless and unsure of what road to take.

However, after some divine inspiration, I decided I would write a psalm to the tune of "the failsafe" by misery signals. listen to it here. Now the challenge is determining what I actually scream to God in a psalm. I have found a program that removes lyrics from songs, and so I am going to add in my own screaming using a friends recording programs. If all goes well, I should have a copy for you to listen to within the week.

I am excited about how this could turn out, but the road is still long. So far I have two lines, and I don't even like them. This is going to be a long week, but the process should be good for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a interesting project, nice work to your prof for making assignments enjoyable. let me know how that turns out
kori

Nic said...

i had that assignment in highschool once, at western. but we weren't allowed to do as cool things as you are doing. that is a sweet idea.
i'm looking forward to hearing your hxc voice. let the vox rip.

i'm not meaning to brag, but i did vox in an everynewday song once. so, yeah.

Nic said...

alright man. this is how it goes.
he tries to hug and hold hands because of something called culture. a gap between cultures. here dudes hold hands walking to the market and playing football.
come on tyler, like really.

ignorant american.

Nic said...

no man, worse than the gap.
worse.

Anonymous said...

four comments, one blog. that might be record breaking.

the song sounds sweet man. cool lyrics, sick vox.
it took me like 2 hours to load it, but it was nice.
tight.