Monday, February 19, 2007

agreed

kori has a great comment from the "prayer" blog I posted yesterday. I definetely agree with him as I did not mean to convey the motion that we stop praying all together during gatherings of various types.

i guess my main frustration is that I am on this christian campus and I don't see the church. then this frustration is amplified by the fact that I am not taking more responsibility in my own relationship with God because I am too busy doing all these christian things at a christian school. ironic, but I can see how it would be a problem at most christian schools.

when it comes down to it, I am very grateful to be on this campus, annoying prayers and all. I think a problem like this is only solved working from the inside out, starting with my own walk.

miss you guys.

T.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you did not mean to stop praying at all, I don't think I could stop you from praying if I wanted. Your a praying machine, lubed and ready to go.

I am pumped to be spending some time with you this summer. Lisa and I are taking tennis lessons, so maybe you get my game up to par.
I will even wear short-shorts if that is what is takes for you to come play a little tennis.

Kori

Anonymous said...

It didn't sound at all like you are anti- prayer, you're just being honest about ungenuine recitations to God. I hate that too. When I lived in Louisisana people would throw in a whole lot of "just" and "Lord". "Dear God, I just want to thank you, Lord, for this beautiful day, God. And Lord, just keep us safe..."
Cookie cutter prayers- what's the point?
I'm not a big fan of sermon prayers, either. Guesse I prefer to keep it personal.
Good to see you blogging again!
Ang