Saturday, September 09, 2006

harder than I thought.

I really thought that once I got to school I would be in a more blogging mood. But I guess I was wrong. It's hard to be motivated to type anything after 4 hours of calculus, mechanics and physics homework. Alas, here I am on a Saturday morning and nothing to do.

I find it hard on weekends, just because I love getting up to the family hanging out downstairs or outside. Its different in the dorms, because if there is no one in the room, then it feels like there is no one on campus. But if you give it to about 2 in the afternoon, life starts to appear.

The big news this week is that Clair and I finally got cell phones! We are officially cool and connected. Except its sad to see all that money leave my wallet. We were charged 300 deposit on the phones because we don't have any credit down here, and we get it back after 6 months of paying our bills. Keep your fingers crossed.

Its funny how cheap the cell phone plans are down here. For two phones, with 550 minutes shared, 300 text messages each a month, free minutes between all sprint customers and free minutes on nights and weekends, it only cost us 60 a month, plus tax. What a deal!

In other news, I have started playing JV golf, and they are making it really serious this year. We have 4 practices a week, and 5 tournaments booked. At the practices they are coaching us and giving us drills to work on, so there is mucho improvemento so faro. Im loving it a lot, and seeing my golf game shape up feels so good.

Well, this afternoon will be spent doing some more homework, but then we can relax tomorrow. Miss you guys back home.

go riders go. oh go go riders go go.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds hectic for you too bro,
veryo hectico indeedo hahha your humor touches connects with mine,
keep up the good work buddy and make sure you got a cool cell phone pose when youre talking to people or else theres no use in having a phone hahha cya buddy.

Jordan

jerms said...

good to hear you are getting lots of practice on the golf course, maybe next time we play you will actually stand a chance.

Nic said...

hey man.
homework is not important.. focus on your golf game. if somehow that fails, then you can maybe start thinking about studying.

Steve said...

You didn't miss much this Sunday.....just a regular day up here in Calgary.....church, 3 boys (now walking) restless and making lots of noise, beautiful +25 and sunny afternoon on the deck..you know, same old, same old........INCLUDING THE BOMBERS REVENGE BEATING THE GREEN RIDERS....yep, same old, same old..

Later my brother, I am sure you are among the elite on the golf team....but keep studying too.....as for myself, I think I'll try-out for the Islanders. (They just signed Dipietro to a 15 year - $67 million contract...and even I am a better goalie than him)?!

Cheers!

Nic said...

get in blogging shape.. or have you died?

are you coming in november? i really would like that. fireworks are waiting for you.. and you know it.

Nic said...

sorry dude, do you want me to tell brayden you are from oman? would that be better?

whatever. see you next year then.

Nic said...

welcome home..

yes!