Tuesday, January 30, 2007

forgiven

last week I wrote a super sweet blog. it had everything that a good blog needs. a little humor, a touch of information, a sprinkle of insight and great grammar. unfortunately, when I went to publish my piece of art, the blogger site messed up and I lost it all. after a week of ignoring blogger.com for it's failure, I am forgiving the internet and writing a new post.

last week was pretty sweet. our dodgeball team came 3rd and I played in my second hockey game. i don't know what it is, but this past christmas gave me a renewed love for the game and I can't get enough. im glad okc has some ice I can tear up.

i wrote my first dynamics test which was "confusingly easy," as my friend Will described it. You walk out of the test thinking, man that was easy, but you are second guessing yourself more than ever because it couldn't have been that easy, could it? i guess we will see how easy it was. I have two more tests this week, which will hopefully won't be too hard either.

last night I was fortunate enough to hear Earl Lavender, writer of Living God's Love, talk. He said something so simple but it has really hit me. He said, you cannot give what you don't have. No duh. But the reality of it for me was that I have been so eager to jump into Lord's work, to get busy in the kingdom, that I have not even thought about if I am prepared spiritually. If I do not put any serious effort into the building of a relationship with God, which right now is practically zero, then how can I share Him with others? For most of my life, things have come fairly easy to me, so I have never had to seriously work hard to be more than moderate at something. This pattern is definetely reflected in my spritiual life. I have never seen the need to put effort into seeking God, beacuse I thought it would come naturally. I am now seeing and feeling how wrong this is. I hope that in the coming days, I will learn to "have a cup of joe with the creator" and to read and listen to what I have to learn about Him and from Him.

finally, if you haven't already done this go check out and read Nic Olson's blog, the link is on the right. you will not be disappointed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. that is a funny trick. ha. oh man. nice work.
jerms

Nic said...

i had a dodgeball team once. we dominated hard, and won the championship. it was composed of me, kurtis, thue, klaye and sandra.. powerhouse team.

and, if blogger loses your information, you can sometimes recover your post, on the create a new blog page.. give it a try.

thanks for the shout out. i will be sure you throw one down for you.
miss you pal.

Nic said...

get to work. i haven't read a blog from you in weeks.
screw midterms, or whatever it is you do these days. update me.
date me...?